Saturday, March 5, 2011

Food Experiement-Day 3

Crockpot Chicken Chili and Cornbread




3 chicken breast (from the stock up sale) -$2.50

4 cans of beans (black, kidney and white) on sale $1. ea-$4.00

1 can salsa verde-$1.29

1 can diced tomatoes- .88 cents

I totally made this up as I went and added chili powder, minced garlic and turmeric. Crockpot on high for a few hours and, Yum!  Total cost $8.67. (add a little for the cheese and sour cream garnishes)


For the cornbread, I used this recipe and it cost about $2.00.

So, total cost was $10.67.  We had 6 (one of which was Annie's friend, day 2, who had chili for the first time and loved it!) of us for dinner and John took leftovers for lunch.  That's $1.52 per meal!

Ok, I know it's only day 3, but I am pretty sure that I can rock the $10. (or less) meal every night!  Tomorrow, we get all continental and fancy! Woot-woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment